PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Jul 2010, 20:31
Newyorker001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im sorry but how many times do the crew have to be told... WE HAVE ALL MADE OUR COST SAVINGS !!! Come to any other department for a day and they will be able to tell you what life was like 1,2 or 5 years ago and its a very different enviromet. Dont you just get thats why everyone else in the company is so hacked off with the... we are poor cabin crew, stop picking on us, its always us the company picks on.. Everyone I know has finally had it with BASSA and its sheep. Slowly following behind bleeting away... Not taking any notice of what has been going on around them for the past few years.

Im sorry yes this post will come across as nasty or however you want to take it, but Im fed up with the mentality of me me me ... oh and what about me. Wake up smell the coffee and look around and see what is happening not just within BA. Ask anyone nicely within BA, go on even venture into Waterside and you find departments that yes were run years ago like the civil service. Now they are modern and manageged very well. Its a changing world, if you dont like it move on.

I will happily stand up and make sure that a small minority of staff do not bring this company down. Staff who are stuck in some time warp and see thier job as a lifestyle choice rather than somewhere where you come to work do the best you can on every shift and even possibly be slightly flexible.

Ive said it before and the above probably shows that I now have little time or patience for crew who are now still of the opinion that WW is out to get them. He is not, he could not care to him its not personal. Unlike BASSA who at every point have tried to make it as personal as possible. He is a CEO we needed 10 years ago rather than someone who would not stand up to BASSA and let the rot set in.

BASSA have had ample time and warnings to sort this out. they have misled and lied to thier membership. Anyone who can believe some of the things that have been said by BASSA reps is completely mad. We used to have a CC BASSA memmber live with us, it was constant the amount of bull**** she was fed about WW, Waterside,Pilots, Other departments and she swallowed the lot. It used to wind me up so much, that a bright,friendly,intelligent lady would believe half of what was being said to her. She was excellent at her Job, but mention the word BASSA and just watch the lady explode into a series of lies and resentment towards BA. WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone thinks that Keith williams is more liberal than WW, please dont hold your breath. He will be brought in to carry on the Job WW has done. As unltimately WW will still be his boss.

BASSA and its followers have a lot to answer for. As Ive said before If I was having to make the kind of decision that the crew have just made, I would not be getting my information from a Union that has been proven to blatantly Lie when it wants.

Can crew actually make thier minds up what this dispute os about !! As now its about staff travel. Oh sorry the fact that the offer is a lot worse than you were offered a while ago seems to have been forgotten..

As far as I can see there needs to be a change in the way some crew view thier role. Its a job, not the lifestlye choice that it was 20 years ago. Grow up and join the real world like the rest of us in BA