PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 6th Jul 2010, 16:48
Hampshire Hostie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redeployment Agreement

Midman, you say
'As I understand it, the redeployment agreement was changed because the old one placed too much of a potential financial burden on the company, at a time when we needed to show the city we were reducing the burden of our costly industrial agreements. The new agreement isn't just for cabin crew, it's for the rest of the company too. Can you show me any company that has a better redeployment arrangement than this one?'

In his latest webchat Bill Francis was asked the following:-

1. What changes does he intend to make?
2. What would be the new time limit for Careerlink?
[3. Would the new policy prevent cabin crew from transferring to Mixed Fleet (or any other department) taking their current basic pay and terms & conditions with them as is currently the case?
4. Would any changes affect all BA employees?
5. If any changes required employees to sign a new contract which reduced their basic pay would this consequently reduce their pension accrual (build up rate) and also affect their pay for pension purposes thereby reducing their final salary pension if in NAPS?
Here’s his answer
'the redeployment agreement is one of our corporate policies that affects all employees in BA. In the offer it confirms that discussions need to continue at the BA Forum and EPC and come to a conclusion within a month. They started back in June'09.

Until that time I think it would be inappropriate to comment, to give them the best chance of progress'.

I don't feel reassured at all by that answer!