PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French ATC
Thread: French ATC
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2010, 13:17
andrijander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to be able to sit with them, but I do not work in Spain. In any case if can be of any assistance to them and the service they (we) provide I'm right here.

I don't think you got me. I didn't say you can't complain when something is not right. By all means, please do. If we get no feedback we won't know what's up (we all hear and see easier what we want to hear and see; everything else we may need to be told twice, it's human nature). But then again there are ways of doing that. I'm not asking you to go around kissing arse, which you wouldn't anyway, because that would be denigrating for you and probably wouldn't achieve results either. I think it is a matter of action-reaction. Someone in the Spanish thread went on calling idiots all the trainees at Malaga. Immediate reaction: the few spanish controllers on the thread got upset. Thread derails and we go down the name calling avenue."Forget the point of the thread! You called me idiot!" and whatever you had to say, as valid as it may have been, is sidetracked. We are nowhere (maybe even a bit more apart than where we started).

About the falsifying part in your last post. If you know something I don't, please share. And if you think something needs to be reported, please do. I know that ATCO's, at least in Spain, are playing against the organization in order to keep safety levels up (it's turning into a money making exercise down there for the ANSP, forget safety) and they're actually the ones going to the judges with these very same sort of things. Apparently the Spanish "CAA/FAA" (CIAIAC and AESA) are doing a very poor job. Again I'm not there but it's a serious case and goes really deep. Maybe you are all complaining about the same thing and the message is just not getting across.

A.