PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2010, 12:38
barney31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Holdmetight

You are a sharp cookie aren’t you!;-) But you are correct again. I made another overlook.

9 aircraft flying with PW4056 = B747-400BCF? I am confused because aircraft with PW4056 should be ex-SQ B744, but as far as I know there should only be 3 of such aircraft in the CX cargo fleet (B-HKH, B-HKJ, B-HKS). Am I missing something?
Yes, you are missing something. According to the operators certificates the following registrations have PW4056 beside the above: B-HKX, KAF, KAG, KAH, KAI, and KAE. Making it a total of 9 Acft. Howver, the KAE is not an Converted Freighter(as you have posted).

13 aircraft flying with RB211 = B747-400F. Your first post, though, said there are only 6 of these aircraft. Again, am I missing something?
No, in this is my mistake. I got confused in my own puddle. Sorry.

There are 10 Acft flying with RB211s in stead of 13 as a mentioned. I miss counted. Sorry for the mistake again…
Registations are of these 10 are: B-HUU, HUK, HUL, HUO, HUP, HUQ, HUR, HUS, HOU, HOZ

So to conclude for the 747 freighter fleet:
6 X 747-ERF with 4 x PW 4062
reg:B-LIA/LIB/
LIC/LID/LIE/LIF
4 X 747-BCF with 4 x RB211-524H/T
reg: B-HUR/HUS/HOU/HOZ
6 X 747-400F with 4 x RB211-524H/T
reg: B-HUH/HUK/HUL/HUO/HUP/HUQ
8 x 747-
BCF with 4 x PW4056
reg: B-HKH/HKJ/HKS/HKX/KAF/KAG/KAH/KAI
1 x 747-LD with 4 x PW4056
reg: B-KAE

Bringing it to a total of 25 acft. I got confused with some old numbers I retrieved. My sincere apologies for the confusions and mistakes. I guess am only human

For pax fleet B744, there are 22 aircraft, but there should be 6 that were purchased from SIA - B-HKD, B-HKE, B-HKF, B-HKT, B-HKU, B-HKV. Why has it now become 5, where did the extra one go?

The B-HKD is off the grid and there is no activity for this acft for quite some time. I have no clue why it is not mentioned in the database, but I am pretty sure it has a good reason. I will see what I can digg up… to be continued.

Nevertheless, thanks for the eagle eye!
.. again!!