PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fuel conditioning by magnets
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2010, 08:22
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is one excuse why it works

Another is that it aligns all the molecules so decreases friction in the pipes.

Then another theory is that it does something to the free radicals.

As you might have guess I did have something to do with thermo lads and the testing of said magnets.

When the students orginally did it and failed to produce results it was because they wern't using a rare earth magnet. As the Prof said its bloody rare alright because one doesn't excist. They then just to humour them used a production magnet out of the box. Then the fuel line was to big, the fuel flow was to high. Magnet to far away from the injectors I think you can see my drift.

In the end we borrowed a super cooled super magnet which was a beast of a thing require a heap of work to get it safe due to the fact you are sticking a magnet next to a ferris box of metal and was that powerfull it could pull screws out of blockboard just by turning it on.

The students used it on petrol, desiel, and turbine test beds with no difference recorded. The reply was that we were using the wrong type of magnetic fields???? The chaps flogging this stuff need a Noble prize cause they know about stuff that nobody else does.

I am actually suprised none of importers have turned up on this thread. 10 years ago they used to regularly join BB's when the subject came up to confuse matters when it was being discussed. We had the amusing situation that they didn't know we were all scuba divers and on the diving BB's discussing its application on boat engines. So they were arguing with the same people in 4 different places and using circular referencing to try and prove a point.