PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2010, 07:32
meguro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to support people applying to come here and gave helpfull advice about working for ANA. Not anymore. It is not the same place, since the pay cuts started and cheap, cheap ass tickets issues came up, I can't recommend it any longer. The lasy guy to contact me chose KAL instead of Japan based on the days off 'shafting' and the commute ticketing problems.
We also have a private forum set up, now that's some colorfull reading!

Unfortunately, it's all down hill from here, we're getting bizarre memos about scarred hearts and worshiping the 767. Although ANA has been around for a long time the AJX/V's haven't and it is evident that it is in it's infancy. The AJX model now will start at about 1950's Panam and grow in maturity from there. You have to understand, even the Japanese outside of ANA think that they are childish and weird. It's a pity their behavior is so costly to people considering coming here.

Another common scenario, is they change managers and Japanese staff all the time, they get cycled through AJX/V. So, all of the lessons have to be re-learn't everytime. "my order", "company order", "you must" There is nothing quite like the blank face of a scheduler when you say no, I am not doing it. "But...But...company order..."

I would say morale is about as low as I have seen it.

I wouldn't say my heart is scarred, I'd say my pocket hurts and I don't like working extra days for free.