PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DGCA NOC for Boeing 737 Type rating
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2010, 07:20
Pulkdahulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See TNT,

All those above mentioned words by others are the truth and India is a useless country when it comes to these. There is no place for talent or skill or ability. Who you know, how you know and what you can do to get in. I cannot recall how many actually got in the last 2 years by MERIT. They had a inside connection or have worked on the Aircraft before or something related.

Air India have jobs openings - One useless company to even work for. Corrupted Management coupled with politics. Useless service in first class. The international segment is good. But with RBI now splitting with SBI Bank, and India is the only place where such airlines have such huge debt, I cannot but see them have problems in the next 5 yrs with fiscal budgeting. It may look good 3-4 years, but give it the end of the 4th year and you will SEE problems.

Jet Airways - Okay - we have been hearing many news that Openings are coming. No Influence or nothing of that sort- Are you seriously kidding me? No influence - So everyone tells me that all those Politicians or their relatives will go stand behind the line just like all the sincere CPL holders " Get in line" sort of deal and get a job!!!

Air India hired batch of students for their ab-initio training. They are still stuck doing ab-initio. They are doing it at Fly Orlando Flight Training, KISM, Florida. How do I know? I work close by - If those guys are stuck doing their training - they are about 9 months backlogged, these new hirings coming along - What is their Future???

Indigo is doing good for themselves. One Airline you have to appreciate their way of doing Business.

Spice jet is getting back on track.

Kingfisher Airlines- Others may comment - I have no clue from the inside.

Many just cannot digest this fact - In this economy at this very moment -there are many suppliers (Us) than demands (Positions) - as such, the ball of decision making is with the Airlines, not with US.

It holds good that we should know what aircraft we are going to fly for definite reasons before we venture into a type - and that is what many conclude to doing Airbus - because its plentiful in India. Now that is wrong decision making. I would suggest people doing Jet Transition rather than a Type.