PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Jul 2010, 22:38
the flying nunn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does also make you wonder, at the tactics of BA, I mean I know BASSA/UNITE have CERTAINLY not been perfect, but in many ways they do a lot of good! Ie. the terms we do enjoy. And I do value agreements that we work towards.

Side Bustle, the majority of the agreements we work to were not negotiated by BASSA, they refused to negotiate!!

Prime example... the world wide agreement

I see you say that you are inclined to change your point of view because new fleet is going to start. BASSA had the chance to negotiate the entrance of new crew onto our fleets. Their response? No negotiation!

I went to work and during the second wave I met people that had changed their minds and come in. On my last trip (during the strike) I met two crew that had been together at Bedfont, I also met a girl who showed us a nasty text message she got from a friend because she worked during the first wave. Can you imagine what it was like when we met up in the bar only for her to see her friend walk in with the other crew. Priceless!

Last edited by the flying nunn; 5th Jul 2010 at 23:01.