PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am addicted to PPRuNe
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 21:24
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hyflyer75

You have to accept that in any sort of forums firstly everyone loves a puch up, some will encourage a puchup and no one (or very few) would act in face to face life as they do in forums.

Having said that there are some very detailed and knowledgable people around. There are several who know their stuff in different areas of aviation.
One might be in aviation law or all things legal. Another might be in all things mechanical etc. Whatever there are enough experts around and plenty to jump on you if you make a mistake.

I have noticed that most threads start ok then go through various phases before the truth comes out then they die.

You never really know who you are talking to.The guy who claims to be a 747 Captain with 20000 plus hours may turn out to be a 13 year old kid who is good at googling and pasting his answers.

Whatever you do get to know the real deals, their style, areas of expertise and above all their characters even in a faceless text invironment.

A few you get to know for real outside the forums or find out you know them for real outside the forums.

Its a small world!!!

Pace