PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am addicted to PPRuNe
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 17:33
Pilot DAR

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts
Wheat from the chaff.... If only the originator of that analogy could come to know how fitting it would be for PPRuNe, and the internet, in general!

The role of those who present themselves as "experts" is to temper your addiction, so you feel right about walking away from the screen (probably muttering "pratt", "troll", "jerk", or some similar term) from time to time, to experience what real life is. The internet is interrupting those trips to the flying club, to witnsee first hand, the experts telling much the same tales, only with their hands also flying through the air! At the least, the "experts" have a live audience, and may have to justify what they say in person!

The problem (as already presented) with the posts, is that until you have read thousands (oh, it sounds like you have!) it can be hard to tell if the familiar posters are credible. Wierd is the feeling to read a person's posts for months, thinking your learning something, then read their proud announcement that they just did their first solo! Well, congrats, that's great! (and thanks for letting me know what credibilty to assign to your posts all about IFR Transatlantic flight!)

Your addiction will subside a little on it's own in good time, don't worry...

Now..... I'm late for checking eBay!