PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aptitude Testing
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2002, 22:54
TwinNDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also think that actually talking to someone can tell you in 10 or 15 min wether they will be any good or not, instead of a test that may take hours. People (can) become very good at interpreting others and you can tell VERY quickly wether someone is, honest, hard working, safe and good around people. Then there is probably the most important thing that you can tell - are they arrogant or not, do they think that they are invincible???

I too have failed aptitude tests but this was for entry into the RAAF. I was sent a letter the following year asking me to reapply and I decided not to. I didnt feel like going through the whole process just to have another "NO" response. It took me a good while to get over failing those tests because, without blowing my own trumpet, I am generally not a stupid person and can find solutions to most problems very easily.

This brings me to the main part of my question.

I started reading about aptitude tests (not psych) and found that you can get better at doing them by practice and knowing what they are looking for when answering questions about squiggly lines. It makes me wonder if they are therefore a good guide to someones "aptitude" since if you study them you can end up with much better scores. To me the way of defining someones aptitude is seeing if they - having an ability to continue to learn - not just be at a point and happy with that.

Like others out there, if there are any books that can be recommended for the aptitude testing then that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers all,

Twin