PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Part FCL
Thread: EASA Part FCL
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 16:18
BillieBob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reading back through the thread, I'm not sure that anyone answered the specific points raised by Teejman and Stupix
I was told that a new rule was coming in which would mean I did not have to do a CPL rating, just PPL and instructor but if I read this thread right this is not the case, I will have to do the CPL theory. Could someone confirm that I am reading this right, if so I may as well do the flight test and get the full CPL rating.
I have been informed by a JAA examiner that you can instruct on the PPL with an FI rating but not for financial reward under the new EASA recommendations. The examiner also told me that you will need the CPL theory or ATPL theory to teach for financial reward but not the CPL Practical course.
The current (that is after publication of the CRD but before any consideration of the reactions to it) proposal is that CPL (or ATPL) theoretical knowledge is a pre-requisite for the FI rating in all cases.

The proposed privileges of the PPL (but not the LAPL) include remuneration for flight instruction and testing provided that the relevant instructing/examining privileges are held.

This, I believe, is unlikely to change (although I hope I'm wrong) because EASA cannot make pragmatic judgements. They were directed, following their slapping down by the Commission, to stick as closely as possible to JAR-FCL/ICAO. CPL knowledge is an ICAO requirement and therefore it will stay, however inappropriate it may be and whatever the outcry from the 'stakeholders'.