PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To: Air Arabia pilots. From: UAE ACC
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 16:10
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree Modesh, we should not pick and choose..... but FIFE AND NINER are not a particularly bad issue. (The Germans seem to understand that nine is not NO, nowadays, haha.)

You gotta pick your battles.
Not saying ''CONTROL'' or more suitably ''Bahrain'' Control on the initial call is wrong. It is clearly written that on the first call you say the controlling agency but on subsequent calls, a pilots is only required to say.... Approach, Tower or Ground for example. And once again there is a reason for this rule. It is because it ALERTS ATC that an aircraft is calling them. If you just state, ''air arabia 123 requesting descent'', then it has the potential to cause confusion amongst other pilots in that airspace. You must always preface a call to ATC with at least ''control'' or '''tower'' or ''departure'' for example.

Saying SIR repeatedly ( there are only two nationalities who do that, the Indians and some Americans), is something that is not only wrong, it is quite annoying.

I take back what I posted earlier. It ISN'T rocket science if you have taken 20 minutes (out of your ENTIRE career) to read about proper RT. And this is where the problem lies because most pilots have never been exposed to required documents. We have managers (ATC and pilots) who have little experience and don't understand how such a simple thing as RT, is often one of the factors involved in accidents. I tried last night to find the relevant document regarding proper RT and I gave up after an hour. I know it exists at my airline but damned if I could find it.

I will say again, there often is a direct correlation between a pilot's ability and proficiency and his RT. The guys who say, ahhhh, ummmm, errrrrr during each transmission are also the guys who are more inclined to have less than ideal management skills. I do not know what causes it but in some cases it is just a lack of proper training and access to......... what.......... a 5 page document describing proper RT?

For example, THE biggest problem in India and Pakistan, is not the weather or the airport capabilities, or the facilities but rather the disproportionately massive number of improper RT calls. 6 aircraft on approach into Karachi, is like 55 aircraft on approach into JFK.

Listen to the Atlas guys reading back a clearance in DXB. It's a comedy show. ''Oh, ah, undershtand cleared... thank you shir'' Invariably, they mess up the clearance so DXB ATC has to repeat things to them. I am surprised these guys find their way to the plane sometimes. lol

Okay, I undershtand that this post is somewhat annoyin, gotta go down to two four oh, JBR sir. Checkin in', Ya'll have a good day now.