PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 15:57
imperial_monkfish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scotthooker,

A - If you get put on an area course, you'll be posted to Swanwick or Prestwick. If you do aerodrome, you're at the whim of NATS - it depends on where they need people at the time - you won't find out your fate until they day you pass oral boards. If you don't get posted to LL, KK, LC etc. and do the approach course, there's a chance you'll end up at TC in Swanwick.

B - Initial salary is rubbish, but you get paid to train. Depends on your outlook on life.

C - This is the first job where I have worked shifts and would hate to go back to a 9-5 pattern.

D - Depends on the unit, I wear shirt and smart trousers apart from nights and weekends. I won't mention "Naked Thursday"....

E - It matters not, but shirt and smart trousers is a good bet.

F - On the whole people who ask me about my job are interested, because it's not a run on the mill career, it's a profession. Certainly raises a few eyebrows (never judge a book by it's cover....)

G - Put the work in, get through the college, get valid, and enjoy. It's the best job in the world.

I'm currently training in tower at a unit and am thoroughly enjoying myself. Good luck with the entrance tests.