PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Jul 2010, 15:46
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am afraid bhx01 is not the only one that is starting to think the way he/she is!

I don't know - but I just am VERY worried now of Mixed Fleet - it is going to be very big in such a small space of time. They said 500 crew in 2 years initially now it is 1250 or whatever it is!

What routes will be starting Mixed Fleet? How often will these routes go? For all BASSA/UNITEs faults - which I have critisised them MANY times here I am sure they would have rathered discussed a matrix of routes. I know the guys at PCCC have been saying this is needed and maybe BASSA has missed oppurtunities - however BA don't seem to mention anything about matrixes of routes anymore in their proposals just ''a fair distribution of work between fleets.'' - What does that mean? What does ''fair'' look like according to BA?

Main Crew and PSRs have been alienated - many MC will not be able to apply for CSM as they need management experience. Future Talent is not an option for most as it means a paycut for a year whilst they are on the programme - and there is no guarantee of a CSM job after the 12 months! As for PSRs at LHR - well there is no point as it will be a huge paycut even if they did want the extra responsibility of managing a team. MC and PSRs at LGW may be better off though, and MC at LGW may be OK to do the Future Talent!

I know they say promotions on current fleets ''where oppurtunities exist'' - well if they want to shrink Eurofleet/Worldwide based on attrition and move the work to Mixed Fleet, PLUS less PSRs on aircraft where will these oppurtunities be? It is VERY demotivating!

It does also make you wonder, at the tactics of BA, I mean I know BASSA/UNITE have CERTAINLY not been perfect, but in many ways they do a lot of good! Ie. the terms we do enjoy. And I do value agreements that we work towards. I wouldn't want to work to scheme. Work more efficiently on Eurofleet YES of course!

But also I have heard stories of many people who came to work - who have had no thanks, (not that a thanks is expected) but without going into detail, haven't been given the benefit of a doubt or anything with various things! No leave being given etc etc

Maybe this IS all about union busting all along. Afterall, if we were about to go bust if changes weren't made... why is Mixed Fleet... a ''very gradual'' change being introduced over the years, so necessary why not some changes. And whilst BASSA has ignored many good offers - they were the ones that did introduce the ''intergrated'' approach last summer. A MUCH better way that should be introduced!

Will striking make any offers better - I am not sure and that's why I am so confused! But will this new offer safeguard our future? I am not sure about that either?