PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Jul 2010, 12:47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bhx01

I'm very sorry to hear about your treatment at the hands of the sect of the xxxxers.

If you have not previously struck, and are now considering doing so, I would seriously think again! Is it possible you are just responding to bullying? What do you think your sacrifice would achieve?

You were asked a question:
I was asked the question would I accept a better deal if it was agreed by the union, to which I replied yes. It was at that moment that I knew that I had made a mistake...
Let's deal in reality, not fantasy:

Of course, the actual answer is that you would have no choice in the matter. Whether you are in the union or not, so far you have been obliged to accept whatever BASSA have managed to 'negotiate'.

The reality is that everyone is now lumbered with a far worse outcome than if BASSA had simply not been involved.

The reality is also that there won't be any better deal!

The fantasy is that by voting yet again for strike, something will change. (For the better?)

Ever heard the saying "If you keep doing what you always did, you'll keep getting what you always got"?