PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Jul 2010, 11:50
PC767

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
It was an aside so I cannot be bothered trailing through everything Francis has said about New/Mixed Fleet. At some point, he stated the intention of New Fleet was to better the best rate by 10%, thus giving it the edge financially. When questioned who he/BA thought were the best paid initially, other than the revolting BA crew, he stated Virgin Atlantic. So, to attract crew the offer was Virgin plus 10%. Or not as it transpires.

I've mentioned before that Mrs PC767 was temp crew for BA. She has remained in touch with other temps. It seems a few are now applying to Virgin, rather than be messed around by BA and join a divided IFCE.

Caribbean Boy, old bean, old boy, nothing lacking credibility in my post, I copied the details direct from Virgin. As for BA's benefits. Well, certainly for the cabin crew (of which I am), we don't recieve 7 ID100s ever. Virgin also recieve unlimited ID90s, indeed until we started using Zed fares, Virgin paid less to commute on our aircraft than we did.

BA pension scheme. Yes we have one, I'll be paying 13.5% to maintain mine. Whilst the trustees are working their socks off to maintain it, I'm not confident that when I retire in 20 years hence it will exist.

Educational sponsorship - only if required, and then it hasn't been offered for years, (at least to cabin crew). I'm paying for my own LLB.

The rest I cannot be bothered debating, other than the healthcare, which when I last checked offered a 10% discount from the standard rate. Fail to mention BA and ask for the best rate they can do and you'll pay less!