PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it normal practice to be charged for this???
Old 5th Jul 2010, 10:51
KyleRB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it normal practice to be charged for this???

Hi folks

A pilot friend of mine recently took his girlfriend for a trial lesson at Stapleford. He enquired at reception about the availability of a trial lesson certificate to commemorate the experience. He was assured one would be ready on her return. Reasonably thinking this would all be included in the total price he thought nothing more of it. Therefore he was staggered after the event to be charged £4 for the certificate, which incidentally they had a whole pile of!

Now he was too embarrassed to remonstrate to reception and ops in front of his girlfriend and walked away in disbelief! He had already paid nearly £160 for a lesson in 152!

He mentioned this to me a few days ago and I thought it was a pretty cheap and tacky move from Stapleford Flight Centre. As a former instructor at two different schools we NEVER charged separately for this.

Yesterday I was speaking to some other pilot mates and they all seemed to say that Stapleford no longer seem to be bothered about trial lessons or PPLs any more. Maybe it's just beneath them any more to offer a good service to all their students even if they're not CPL or IR potential!