PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 5th Jul 2010, 10:45
bhx01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have been a observer, without ever being a member. I would now like to put my pennies worth.My view has always been very neutral, up until now.As a member of a union who went into work during the first lot of strikes, as I felt I was doing the correct thing. In recent times I have come to the conclusion, that it is not all about cost savings, I do now believe there is a element of union busting.

NF what was originally supposed to start off as a small operation, it is now twice the size, SFG crew are toooo expensive to transfer. Have had the new proposal read by a family friend(works for a legal employment firm),who has told me that to a ordinary crew member it will come across ok, but jargon like assurances are not legally binding.

I now have the chance to correct my mistakes, in the up and coming ballot...

I do feel that I made the wrong choice, by going into work.My trips since the last strike have been a nightmare. On my LAX a few days ago, it was made clear on the aircraft by striking crew that I would not be welcome to join them for a drink, was not included in any of the conversations.

I understand how the strikers feel. I was asked the question would I accept a better deal if it was agreed by the union, to which I replied yes. It was at that moment that I knew that I had made a mistake...

I apologize for my spelling and grammar as English is my third language.