PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thomas Cook cadet scheme
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 10:13
CABUS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe if Tcx are taking guys on they will be covered by the Pilots Policies and procedures which means they will be paid according to Tcx payscales. If this is the case the cadets will be paid a starting of 25k rising to 28k with Be then staying on the second officers salary scale for at least two years with tcx with a top cadet salary of 37k. Then once the ' cadet scheme' is over and the guys are fully online they will no doubt qualify for senior fo which means a step up to 49k. Also on top of this cadets will earn their allowances which equates to roughly £500/month summer short haul and £1000 long haul but this is going to be taxed soon, bugger! Also when they join tcx they can opt for day off payments at the roster stage which means you can earn anything from £ 318-850 for working a day off.

I would like to stress this is my opinion on what might happen if the cadets are taken on under the PPP however the major floor in my statement is that I don't think they could be taken on under the tcx scheduling agreement so that may all be total bs,this is while they are at flybe anyway.

B&S, do you reacon this is realistic or do you think they will become eligable for the PPP when their cadetship is over?