PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French ATC
Thread: French ATC
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 08:38
maybepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks,

someone wants to play this discussion at a nationalistic level, so please take a note of the fact that I'm not from the UK and that I can speak two more European languages apart from my level 4 English.
I don't really care where someone is coming from as long as they can provide a professional service.

Spanish and French ATCO's lately are working by the rule making pilots' and passengers' lives pretty miserable; that would be absolutely fine if they were also able to express themselves in the English language by the rule, place their mics at a distance from their mouths in order for the pilots to understand what they are trying to say, switch off their mobile phones while on duty, avoid having loud and lively breaks just behind the ATCO on duty and so on.
If you want to work by the rule you should do it all the way.

In the meanwhile I will do the same overhere and if I don't feel like putting too much effort into deviating from my filed flight plan I won't do it and will try to fly my airplane by the book as much as possible.

BrATCO,

so you don't like the SESAR project because you don't believe it will actually work, you actually say it will be technologically and humanly unsafe.
We both agree that what SESAR promises to deliver is much more efficient than what we have today right?
So what would be your idea in order to make today's system more efficient?
By the way, let me remind you the history of ACAS/TCAS where technology has gained priority over human intervention....thanks goodness!