PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - French ATC
Thread: French ATC
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2010, 04:01
Squawk7777

Location: formally Alamo battleground, now the crocodile with palm trees!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Thanks goodness we also fly to other countries where ATC is still a good and user friendly service being provided....
Since then my reply is always: "unable"
After reading your numerous posts against French and Spanish ATC that bear no or very little reason whatsoever I truly believe that you try to blame those ATC facilities for your personal problems. I find your attitude of "unable" not only unprofessional but also a tad dangerous because not only do you keep the controller busy and his or her workload high but you also make the life miserable for the rest of us flying in the same airspace. If you cannot handle that certain "directs" are denied, or listening to accents and foreign language transmission, then do us all a favor and vacate your pilot seat. There are lots of open-minded, professional and safe pilots out there (you certainly are not) that would like your job. maybepilot seems to explain a lot here.

I might be mistaking, but I think most of the complaints come from UK pilots.
I think so, too. The biggest complainers are usually the ones that don't pay attention to other (English) ATC calls, mull over their crossword puzzles in-flight, and chat to flight attendants during sterile cockpit, however they are the most snobbish pilots when they hear any accents or foreign-language ATC or radio calls (including US carriers). [referring to snobs, not to UK pilots in general ]

But don't believe, you Canadian, that you will be treated better because you speak French !
C'est ce qu'ils croient tous, j'ai l'impression... A bientôt.
N'oubliez pas "L'ignorance, c'est la force." (Don't forget: ignorance is strength)

thread