PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To: Air Arabia pilots. From: UAE ACC
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2010, 22:19
Spoogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blueskye

You are correct...I used the wrong terminology! "Descend FL270...e.g" is enough and all that is really required. But to avoid threads like this I only wanted to suggest ways to avoid a controller like yourself becoming annoyed and waisting your precious time sitting on PPrune.

We are all professional people! We don't need to be reminded by the company to act professional. Maybe there are guys who don't always act that way.

Bringing the company into this, was only to highlight the fact G9 tries several strategies to save fuel and delayed descent would be one of them. So I would think the act of questioning for delayed descent comes from training received by the company. Being at Enasa at FL270 en-route to OMSJ puts us way below an economical profile.

I am not arguing with the fact you are trying to make, I am just saying, there are "professional" ways we can communicate with each other and maybe instead of blowing up on PPrune we could have dialogue or send a document to someone who can pass this message to the entire pilot body to avoid future problems!

Last edited by Spoogie; 5th Jul 2010 at 03:17.