PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am addicted to PPRuNe
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2010, 21:05
HighFlyer75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am addicted to PPRuNe

As someone who has recently come back to flying after a bit of a break, I naturally hit the web and started searching for all things aviation. One constant in pretty much all of my searches was that there was at least one pprune thread that appeared in my search results. So, naturally I joined - on 6 April this year - and I have been addicted ever since.

I have done some training in Australia and I am currently living in Sweden in the middle of planning a trip to the US to do a UK JAA PPL and an FAA PPL. As you can imagine, this has resulted in extensive use of the search function as well as two threads raised by me so far. On top of that, it seems like every time I am near a computer I just can't help logging in and clicking that 'New Posts' button. My renewed interest in aviation (never really went away - just didn't have the time) has left me hungry for any titbit of information....so I pretty much read them all. I am not at a point where I feel I have much to offer in most cases, but I hope this will change soon.

It is clear from reading many of the threads that there is a lot of very knowledgeable people out there who are more than willing to share their knowledge and interest in aviation and for that, I would just like to say thank you. I have also noticed that there are a core group of members who seem to respond to many of the threads with information that can only be described as excellent. Of course, not everyone agrees with each other but the discussions are always entertaining. On the negative side, another common occurrence is the "experts" who seem to want to do nothing but put people down. If these people have half the experience that they brag about (and that I would kill for), it would be nice to see them use it for good rather than to belittle people who ask a question that they didn't like. To all you potential thread starters, by all means use the search function and google the hell out of things but, if all else fails, don't let the haters put you off asking your questions. The good answers will far outweigh the bad.

So there you go....this thread has not much relevance to anything I know, so for that I am sorry. Anyway, more than 5 minutes have passed since I pushed the magic 'New Posts' button and I am starting to get the shivers so I have to go.

Thanks again ppruners for feeding my addiction.