PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - Wannabes & Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2010, 18:30
SlideBustle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Easyjet Crew - could you answer a few questions please???

Hey there,

Just a few questions for any EasyJet crew out there if you wouldn't mind! (This is NOT a begging for ST thread btw!)

I currently work for shorthaul BA out of LHR and have been crew for a couple of years and as you may have seen there is a lot of things going on about our future especially with this new Mixed Fleet starting. I LOVE working for BA, and do enjoy working on my current fleet and my job BUT IMO I have to keep options open. EZY seem a good airline aswell, so:

1/I live in London, so the bases that would appeal to me would be in order LGW, LTN and maybe STN (Gatwick and Luton are easier for me though) Which of these bases is ''the'' place to be?

2/Salary - I do not expect anyone to put there salary on here for the whole world and their wife to see, but maybe if you could PM a general average for Main Crew and SCCM please? Preferably out of one of the above bases!

3/Scheduling/rostering - do you have a good working pattern and days off. Do you have an agreement or do you work to Scheme/CAP 371 (Not that I mind!)

4/Career progression - an important thing for me. Which of the above bases is the best for progression to SCCM specifically? Is the salary good for SCCM? I have heard you do ''fast track'' or direct entry SCCMs - I know you are not recruiting at the moment but what does that mean? Obviously I have well over 12 months experience so would be eligible.

5/Is Easy a good company to work for - as crew I realise no company is going to be perfect. Like I say I do love BA, but EZY does also seem a very forward, good airline. Is this image I have true? What are the other crew like?

I know some people will say ''you are mad'' and probably will call for the white coats! However I do have to keep my options open. BA has introduced a new Mixed Fleet which will be £11,000 plus £2.40 an hour, some are saying that will be less than other airlines like EZY! BA has stated we won't be forced onto this, I don't want to go into all this though but, I am just thinking of my future. Also with career progression it looks like either Mixed Fleet for me (and first of all as Main Crew on a training programme for a year!!) they say there will be oppurtunities for PSR on current contracts but we are all not too sure, so am just thinking what's it like at EZY!

If anyone would like to PM me or answer on here that would be great!! And much appreciated!