PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice Needed: FI (R)
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2010, 18:13
geordiejet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice Needed: FI (R)

Hey. I have a bit of a dilemma and would like a bit of advice. To cut a long story short, I completed my FI(R) course just over two years ago and partialled on the test over in Florida.

At the time I was out of cash and had to come home. I had hoped to get right on to resitting my test back in the UK but a few personal obstacles got in my way (medical/money/family) and here I am two years on still not having resat my test.

I am now in a position where I can fly again and I want to get my FI rating as soon as I can as it has been on my mind for so long. So here's the question; can I still count the course and the hours I flew on the FI(R) training, or will I not be able to count those hours toward my FI? As it has been so long, would it be worthwhile completing the entire course again? I still have the course completion certificate and examiners report.

Any advice would be grately appreciated. I know there are few jobs out there - but I feel I really need to get this completed asap as it really gets me down knowing I was so close to finishing and still being without my rating