PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To: Air Arabia pilots. From: UAE ACC
View Single Post
Old 4th Jul 2010, 18:00
Spoogie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Blasted from UAE ACC!!

I fly for Air Arabia and understand what the original post was meant to accomplish! You may have had G9 flights that pissed you off recently or constantly but we are all working together here. Let us try to find a way to get along! We rely on your professionalism to keep us safe in the crowded airspace in which we operate and without airplanes to control, your professional experience would be of no use. So if you are trying to make a point just say...in a polite way ..." descend and maintain FL270 means "descend now", as opposed to "when ready" ..descend and maintain FL270.

If the UAE ACC or any other for that matter has a problem with G9, then have them make a formal complaint to the company so that internal memos may be sent to remind the pilots of their responsibility to understand and comply with ATC instructions.

G9 and most other airlines are all trying to save fuel to operate more efficiently, so that not only you but your family and friends may be offered more competitive prices!

I must admit however, that our company drills into the flight department that we must fly as efficiently as we can!!! This has lead to constant requests for strait in approaches and these repeated questions about descent clearances!

So I suggest that you take up the matter with the powers that be