PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 4th Jul 2010, 04:55
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G'Day 'Morno':-) Trust yr well??

Why you ask?.

MONEY...............there is no other single reason as to why the RFDS lost the Vic contract.
I've been there since the start of the current contract & it has worked safely & efficiently since day one, obviously at a cost not acceptable to whomever made the dumb decision to let it go to someone else. I believe the new contract will be more difficult to administer meaning there are more penalties placed on the new contractors for poor performance.
Just like our dismal public transport here in ML those operators get penalized constantly same goes for any Govt contract. I don't believe PelAir have any idea what they are getting themselves in for here (that's a personal opinion too so save the personal attacks) but I truly hope I am proved wrong 'cause at the end of the day all political reasons aside we are talking about peoples lives here not some stupid ticketing system !!!!
"LB" us RFDS pilots are well aware that it's over (there's zip we can do about it at our level) no one is crying about it as such we are now resigned to the fact that this Govt hasn't got a clue but we are talking about people here who have provided a damn good service at the coal face for AAV & they turn around & throw it back in our faces,that's what we where angry about. The people at that coal face the guys/gals who actually run the show (both sides AAV & the RFDS) are fantastic, real people with a genuine desire to be part of something not just a job where someone at the top is making money.

Perhaps as has been suggested here the RFDS should not be allowed to tender for such contracts but there would have to be a very good reason as to why exclude the ONLY operator with that level of experience that does just one type of flying, Aero-Medical flying for the good of all Australians where the profit/services stay at home.........

Wmk2, proud to be part of the RFDS