PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2010, 17:19
staplefordheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As BEagle quite rightly says

"Perhaps UK airshow organisers will soon realise that there are 2 types of airshow:

1. Those which have booked the Vulcan.
2. Those without spectators.

Waddington kept everyone informed throughout last week, as did the Vulcan To The Sky website. It was a close run thing to get the aircraft ready for today, but engineers, aircrew and the CAA all worked together to achieve it."

Cant fault either TVOC or Waddo as both were up front about how close run it would be and i was watching the progress through he last 3 weeks. TBH we were undecided yesterday but with the clearnance at 1400 given and weather forcast it was off to Morrisons to get the tickets last night for today for me an my 11 yr old who was so supset last year with her not displaying but today made up for it (along with Cosby last September)
What can i say, brilliant piece of British engineering even today and had everyone out of the trade marquess and visiting overseas aircrews standing in awe
Dont get me wrong there was also a very good airshow in the current climate as well, it just adds to it when 558 pops in

Last edited by staplefordheli; 3rd Jul 2010 at 17:20. Reason: spelling