PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help focus the cuts on the right areas
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2010, 15:01
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PN - your sums might be a bit out with your 110%, good idea but let us assume you are in a section of five, with one off your workload goes to 125% - in the olden days where the productive time was reckoned to be 60% of flat out capacity you could spare a bit for the surge.

Then the mil embraced LEAN (and did it very badly), NOW YOU'RE ALL FORKED. ( Coz the spoon supplier went from JIT to JTFL)

what can we cut, secondary duties that take place while doing your primary task perhaps, I saw engineers spending more time running the SIF bouncy castle or the tea bar than doing their job. Definitely any new IT bolleaux that has not been proven by customers, I use sage, others use SAP, you all get JPA.....

This AT and Exped stuff - this was part of the perks when you joined, it is your right to apply for it. I did notice a correlation between those who did AT and those who drank lots, the more you drank and pitched in looking like you slept in a hedge the less AT you did.

A word of advice to bosses, if you have airmen who regularly work the job and not the clock and always do that little bit of overtime just to help out, make sure they get rewarded....
One volunteer is worth 10 pressed men.