PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OMG!! What next?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2010, 11:48
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by D O Guerrero
, this is nothing. It cost a few quid in coffee, biscuits and travel would be my guess and must be a fraction on what the MOD spends on funding all kinds of other questionable activities. Perhaps what the majority of the posters object to is that it involves gay people and must therefore be a total waste of money and time. If you just said that, it might be a bit more honest?
Would you be saying the same thing if the conference was about ethnic minorities? Somehow I doubt it...
This is a very centric view point. T&S for those in outlying reaches of the MOD would not be inconsiderable.

There was a call to a meeting last year when the T&S taps was being screwed shut for all MOD Media staff. The address list had over 100 names; had all gone it would have been between 100 and 150 man days, and T&S at a conservative £150/head or around £150k say.

LGBT might cost a similar amount if people exercised their rights. Remember the conference is open to all MOD being an equal opportunity employer and all that.

Another item for cull would be dBlearning with its learning faciltiators and similar manpower and T&S costs.