PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS)
Old 3rd Jul 2010, 07:55
mattman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the most useless thing ever to come out of Europe and we are going to pay for it.
The EBAA has said it will tell there members to stop complying if they do not introduce the small emitters tool.
We have all put our Pargoda or other tool in our application for the monitoring but nobody knows when this will be implemented.

And the multitude of leaches that have climbed onto the band wagon. This has created a whole new sector in the aviation industry and they are capitalising on this for every cent. The first couple of years will cost you not only your emissions but to support this sector, and will probably double your emissions costs.
One is so cheap that they will not phone you unless you have skype, but you have to phone them.
And to let the fun really begin, wait until we have to start to buy and trade the emissions

I heard there are some international airlines that are taking them to the Eu court to drop this with them.

It threatens our flight departments and our jobs, and to really cap it off the muppets that are running it are not aviation agencies but environmental agencies, so no clue......

My rant is over now going to the boss to explain the next costs to flying his aircraft......

P.S.
Sorry to answer your question, nobody has been fined that I know of, and if they did they would have a really tough time as was said there has not been a final list, these idiots have not included just European aviation but the entire world, how would they fine you when "Sahid" in Sri Lanka has not even bothered to even open the letter. They will have to prosecute everybody then