PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pel Air vs RFDS for the Air Ambulance contract in Australia
Old 3rd Jul 2010, 06:56
betaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
onemore said
But then again there are not too many companies that have operated as many transport category flights for three decades either.
I could probably think of few as would anyone else who has been in the industry more than 5 min.

Dont really care about about Pel-Air but dumbfounded by the carry-on about a commercial arm of a great charity loosing a commercial contract to another commercial operator.
So why get so worked up over it?

IT was the Victorian Govt Ambulaunce Contract won by Pel-Air/Rex not the Royal Flying Doctor Service
onemore we know who won the contract hence the thread.

Thats funny, I am sure there is another thread around here that puts all the blame on the pilot - oh okay I get it, if you have no idea about what you are talking about just make it up because you are bored.....

Seriously, it may be a rumour network but this place is more a "I have no xxx idea forum"
From what I can see from this thread most of the posters have raised legitimate questions. The gist of which is summarised below which is far from "I have no xxx idea forum" or "oh okay I get it, if you have no idea about what you are talking about just make it up because you are bored....."

Operator A who:
  • Has a proven track record in domestic aeromed.
  • Has proven track record with the aircraft type.
  • Has been doing the job safely & efficiently for a number of years.
  • Is funded by the Australian public through donations & govt funding.
Loses out on a state government awarded contract to

Operator B who:
  • Doesn't have a proven track record in domestic aeromed.
  • Doesn't have a proven track record with the aircraft type.
  • Who's only real claim to fame is as a freight company.
  • Is not Australian owned any more.
If you can't see what the problem is with this picture then, as you insist on over using the phrase "NFI", maybe you should have a closer look in the mirror.