PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baggage allowance ripoff - or not ?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 20:22
sea oxen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gulfstreamaviator

In a former life, I was an industrial chemist. The boys on the floor would weigh in and weigh out, and boast accordingly. I was flummoxed when one said to another that he's cheated by having a wee as well.

I cannot fathom why someone would want to defecate on an airliner. There is the risk that the lavatory might malfunction (which happened to my former boss. Red faces and ire because of a 1/4 drop in WC availability. This is a family forum so I'll refrain of stating my other objections.

I work for an international company, with people flying back and forth. I never travel without my trusty Samsonite., which has been with me for twenty years. Any spare capacity upon landing is dealt with by the Heathrow departure semi duty free. I wonder about colleagues who manage a four-day trip with a wee hand-luggage thingy (which is invariably too large for the lockers). Do they change their clothes? Their shoes? Their underwear?

I flew WT+ back home last year, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that my allowance was 46kg. I thought - how the Hell can I do that (I have been J a few times and it's 32). I came back with 50. They let me off

SO