PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair wants to sell tickets to STAND UP and fly
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 20:01
sea oxen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PAXboy

You know your stuff, but it stretches one's credulity to think that even if the technical issues (meeting G regulations, stiffening the floor, preventing one's limbs from flailing and all that) could be met, what of operational problems?

I eavesdropped in on a conversation being made by a few bogans in the smoking section of my local tonight. One said that he'd find it "no problem - Dublin's only 50 minutes away". I would very much like to meet someone who's reached Dublin from a London airport on a commercial flight - and by that I mean the length of his occupancy of the aircraft - in 50 minutes.

I admire Mr O'Leary's business model, and I'd prefer that some people fly on airlines I won't use, because it drives down the price of my flights. Let's say I want to go to Berlin for two nights (alone).
Flights: £190
Accommodation: £200
U/S Bahn &c: £20
Food and drink: £150
Shopping: £300
Even if Ryanair gave the flights away for free, I'd rather burn the money on having a (relatively) hassle-free experience. Others, who are less jaded and have time on their hands, would jump at the chance.

So let him spruik his fantasies to his heart's content. In retrospect, I should be condoning this media feeding frenzy because it increases the odds that my chosen flight will be emptier. But the Telegraph?

SO