PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Definition of ground speed
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 19:09
italia458

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it is at all stupid. Indeed, I enjoy it! Being one of the "little nerdy/geniuses... [who] LOVE to pick apart the simplest[-seeming] definition", indeed having made much of a career doing that, I don't see anything wrong with it. Especially since I have seen the effects of what I do improve safety for some and derive appropriate compensation for not-so-lucky others.

Consider, the people whose views on "ground speed" we are discussing actually built the equipment you use on a daily basis in your flying. Some people think flying isn't half as much fun and full of expertise as it used to be, but the statistics say that it's noticeably safer!
What is your career/job?

Oh yes I'm very sure these random ppl on here built my Garmin GPS and avionics suite from Rockwell Collins....

EDIT: Like I said before, I'm one of those nerdy/geniuses too and I enjoy topics that provoke thought, however, I still do retain a sense of reality and the relationship of concepts. Some of the greatest minds in the world have said the simplest things and those quotes are used all the time because of the truth they contain! Not everything has to be complicated PBL!