PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 15:52
400Hz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An extract from "Interested" post 665
So in reality the anti Bassa people are part of the problem and also part of the solution. I suggest that the UNITE membership ( non BASSA) now use their membership to put pressure on the UNITE Union to find a solution
I was a Union rep, and have seen this before, The solution was a "committee" outside of cabin crew ( unite reps within BA)hold the talks with management to find the solution , of course they report back to BASSA and also take on board "Cabin Crew fears" Everything can be on the table, Its a "win" "win" situtaion for both sides and the final position can be put honestly to all the members.

That folks is how a Union should work, The majority eventually take control ( not a single branch dictating), It workers power taking control and remember the "good times" will come back and as they say you can always "wait in the long grass"

Very interesting post "Interested".

It would take some very powerful personalities with a firm grip of the bigger picture to help drive somthing like that through. My gut feeling however is that the other Unite representations may not want to touch the Bassa dispute with a very long barge pole. When I speak to reps within engineering the reaction seems to be at best a rolling of the eyeballs concerning BASSA conduct and at worst utter condemnation of BASSA's inability to negotiate responsibly. Of course, that is just the reaction of the few I have spoken to but I get the impression that it represents the reactions of many and that willpower within the engineering arm of UNITE might be in short supply to help sort this mess out. The malaise surrounding the cancelled unite membership subscriptions within engineering only reinforces this view for me. Apart from that, would BASSA even welcome such a move ?