PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment II
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 13:12
monkeyJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@MARI

Hey!

thank you so much for the response, the OD is tommorrow, so I won't have time for it to be redone. I did manage to change the background to light blue and it does look better, but it is annoying me (bit of a perfectionist!) that I'm not fully getting it right.

Are you British by any chance? I'm still greatful for your response though, so thank you so much! I am British-Bengali, so I can speak Bengali as well, I' so I'm not completely unaware of alternative lifestyles and I was brought up Muslim family although I don't consider myself to be follower. I guess I'm imagining it's gonna be bit of culture shock for me maybe, cos here in the UK we're so free to do as we please in our own time, but at the same time I think the disciplined lifestyle is maybe what I need precisely.

I guess the main thing I want to know is, is it as bad as what everyone on the net makes out, about being crew for QA? I mean I still want to go for it even having reading some of the 'horror stories', so I guess I'm greatful to be wised up about it and wary, what I want to know is it really that draconion? Like you constantly have to watch your back? you know like mistakes are unforgiveable no matter how small and people are constantly wanting to stab you in the back/get you in trouble for their own benefit? And how do the British crew feel and how does it compare to living in the UK?

Also do how many days holiday do you get a year? and are you free to explore/go out when you're in other cities for layover?