PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nick Clegg's "Your Freedom" website - Aviation-related
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 06:36
Captain Smithy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd rather not rattle off a list of "Anti-Europe Crap", but everyone who's involved in aviation only needs to take a fleeting glance around them to see how we're absolutely mired in it.

EASA; clueless bureaucrats attempting to regulate something they have no understanding of at all. Being forced through with seemingly no consultation, with us left to pick up the (usually very expensive) pieces afterwards; a very European way.

All we seem to experience with Europe is a never-ending circle of ever-increasing bureaucracy, rules, paperwork and spiralling costs, none of which contributes at all to flight safety, which is apparently what all this is meant to be for.

I don't know what life was like pre-JAR as I was only about 12 or 13 years old when this all came about, but all I see are ever-increasing problems for the industry, most of which have a simple solution which is currently totally absent - common sense...

Smithy