PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 06:35
Ava Hannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ava Hannah,
My point is that you posted the fact that crew who came to work don't have pride in what they do which is absolute nonsense!
And everyone who did not come to work have no pride? If you believe BA's numbers, the majority of rostered crew reported for duty, which would have meant that there were definitely less motivated crew at work who cannot be less bothered. By this, I'm referrering to certain individuals in this company who shouldn't be here but have become too comfortable and think of their work as nothing but a burden.

The point I made about Mixed Fleet is that the CSM role is interesting and challenging and being a motivated person, I would enjoy the challenge. Why would I want to give up a job that I'm passionate about and still enjoy?
Interesting and challenging to be the only SCCM on large widebody aircraft and having to supervise and manage four different cabins crewed with unexperienced newly recruited cabin crew? I have a different opinion. It sounds like a nightmare but I do agree with you that it would sincerely be a challenge.

How do you propose to do that Ava?
By striking and destroying our customers travel plans?
You will only destroy what you want most, hardly a sensible thing to do as it's obvious you have achieved nothing so far.
The strike has been both successful and unsuccessful. Successful wise, we have managed to get a pay rise instead of a pay cut. The company has also exchanged the MTP with a top-up payment. Most crew seemed to be against the MTP structure but some crew appear to have a different opinion of this new payment. Most importantly, any payment has to be included in our basic salary.

It has been unsuccessful because crew crossed the picket line and staff from other departments were brought in to fill our roles.