PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates 1st class, and Dubai 4th class
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 06:32
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Interesting thread -I recently had my first Emirates experience london to mauritus A380 LHR DXB sectors and 773 for the MRU ones

LHR Lounge and boarding in J excellent couldnt be bettered

EK Lounge DXB T3 just appalling- its the toilet thing that really ruins it -hundreds of people in a transit lounge the first thing they want is a proper loo and a freshenen up wash. There are just a woefully inadequate number of loos or wash basins -for women a nightmare of the first degree and easily the worst major airport I have experienced-makes LHR of a few years ago and the old CDG T1 look quite welcoming.

The A380 is fanatstic and the crew were good but I tend to rely on a decent J class amenity kit when I travel for basics and until I can buy extra bits and pieces at destination and on 380 none of them, tho the triple 7 gives you a nice kit a very odd service level variation.

The 773s were pretty poor by comparison noisy and stuffy with very bizarre and uncomforatable seats tho they made quite good beds. We also had a very good attentive crew -as always the tone set by the 'in charge' on the outbound leg to MRU, kudos to them for a flight with an 0300 departure.

Overall experience pretty good, the A380 is ina class of its own and so is the DXB J class lounge though at oposite ends of the spectrum.
Would I do it again , yes would my wife no

PB