PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair wants to sell tickets to STAND UP and fly
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 02:51
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
MoL is going about this in his usual intelligent fashion and I'm NOT being sarcastic.

He knows full well that he has to change views in Boeing and the various national aviation authorites. You have to start small. Make an apparently outrageous statement and then keep plugging away it. Remember how many people thought that BA was 'the world's favourite airline'? Just keep saying it often enough and it begins to have it's own weight.

This could take ten years but that's OK because, in time, the CAA and others will sound like they are out of step. Backpackers will see 'stand-up flying' as a natural thing to do and a challenge as good as bungee jumping. "I travelled stand-up and my fare was only £2.00 all-in." No, I might not want to do stand-up but I'm a middle aged bloke who wants to snooze or read. Plenty of youngsters would lap this up. OK, so it might not work on the 738 (CofG), but there are other a/c that can be adapted.

This is a long game and FR are playing it with their usual brilliance. I never cease to admire them.