PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC - should it be on same FNPT2 as IR/ME SP?
Old 2nd Jul 2010, 00:13
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Train Hard Fight Easy

I completely agree with DFC and ObsCop.

The MCC should be on a complex turbofan/turbojet type IMHO. I also did my MCC on an unfamiliar jet with a non native English speaking partner.

We still correspond years later and laugh about the first time we tried to establish comms after a rapid decompression with us both speaking different languages and both being FOs forgetting to do the captains actions from the LHS.

Not really the sort of training that you get in an FNPT 2 scenario. Funnily enough the cost really isn't that much different these days with many MCCs going for £2000ish.

There is many an Integrated provider out there doing MCC on B737 or similar. I know it is not quite the same parallel but have you noticed most of the JAA ATPL exams are based on the B737. Some fATPL integrated or modular students will never fly jets or turbo props but we have to assume the highest common denominator and I think should make training as demanding and fast paced as possible so that wherever we end up we have the best tools available to us.

VT