PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 23:47
Mocamps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Against my better judgement

Despite saying in my last post that I am now going to revert to sitting on the sidelines, I find myself being drawn into Ava Hannah's latest offerings on the Cabin Crew thread!!

However, I can't make up my mind about whether she is REALLY STUPID or just trying to wind us all up!! If it is the latter she has succeeded and may or may not have achieved her aim depending on who she really represents!!

It would now appear that Ava is not dependent on her income from BA and is indeed a 'hobby jobber'!! She has a farm in South Africa - and maybe this is really how the other half (being BA cabin crew!) live!! She is NOT dependent on her income from BA and so can afford to play with the lives of those who are.

This is life in the real world outside of BA -

This week I have witnessed first-hand the anxiety faced by people who have been told that their jobs are 'at risk'. These are people who are not earning half what the average BA cabin crew member is earning and are probably working a lot harder. They were talking about not being able to afford to go on holidays that they had already booked in Cornwall, never mind whether they can afford to pay £500 to commute from S Africa. They were worried about how to pay for the necessities in life - food, school uniforms etc

Whatever the games people are playing on these forums, I would really like you to appreciate that in the real world outside of airlines people are hurting in this present climate. The ones that DO splash out and pay for BA flights to go on holiday would really appreciate it if you would just this once try and stop thinking about yourselves and start to think about those who REALLY pay your wages - the passengers!! Without us, you are nothing!! It won't matter whether you are Backing BA or, (as I see it as an outsider), are believing everything your well paid self-interested union reps are feeding you and choose to deprive people of their hard-earned holidays! If we can no longer afford to take a gamble on BA (and that is what it is at present!) you will all be getting a taster of the real world, whatever branch of BA you work in.

So wake up!! Smell the roses (seems to me you have plenty to smell in BA - how many other jobs have the part-time opportunities you appear to enjoy? Opportunities that allow you to even contemplate commuting from South Africa!!) and start to appreciate what you have before you join the rest of us in the real world.