View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 23:23
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel FAO James Taylor

Pay Plus
A Few questions if I may...
1) Is this pay issue for expats only?
No but expats are the most likely to suffer as we are considered the most disposable by CP. (I would say mgt as a whole but there isn't any)

2) Who is running airline/COO/DFO are they all in out etc?
CP/Vacant position/vacant position i.e CP is judge, jury and executioner. He is doing a sterling job and about as popular as the EFCC at an Arik Air Board meeting.

3) Is father or son in charge?
Nobody really knows as we never get told anything from above, unless something has gone wrong, then we get told why it is our fault because we are idol/greedy/lazy/expats or a combination of all of these.

4) What happened to J. Holt?
Bolted is unfair, he took his vast skill set and experience to somewhere where they actually cared about his ability to do his job. It is around this point that the light at the end of the tunnel turned out to be some b**tard holding a torch

5) How is life style in Lagos - safe enough to bring familY?
If you genuinely want a quickie divorce, hate your wife/family and or have been exiled from the rest of the world for crimes that make Osama BL and Satan jealous and therefore have no possibility of ever getting a job in literally any other country ever then by all means I shall tell you where the slightly smaller rats, roaches and mossies live so you can set up home in Lagos.

If you come here, take a look and then decide to move your family to this place then you should not have a Class 1 medical as you cannot be entirely sane.

6) Who does the maintenance in house ?
Lufthansa Technik on jets SAMCO on Q400s

Thanks,
Lastly did you get paid this month yet?
it's only the 1st (i.e 3 days late) we normally do not even look until the 5th or so as we can only take so much disappointment.

If you are considering coming here PM a few Arik pilots, as unless you are unemployed then this is not the way forward for any pilot much less an expat right now.

With the NCAA change in hours required from Expat pilots. If you have the hours to come here you have the hours to go to Turkish.

If you drive 737s right now PM me I'll swap with you.

VT