PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C130J just a strat aircraft?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2002, 13:49
lids

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSETT
Funny how the J chaps are so touchy about their unreliable but very modern aircraft. Let me see, one of the strong selling points of the J was its superior servicability rate over the K model. Are we conveniently dropping that benchmark now or would you like to furnish us with some facts to the contrary?

Thank you fot the pointer on the J SOP's I must pick up a copy, apparently there is a chapter on The Art of Route Queening and The Fourteen Hour Day. I hear it explains how to swing a night stop in the States after a 3 1/2 hour leg.I am particularly looking forward to the bit that tells you what to pack in a samsonite when going on ones hols to America. Just how many dresses do you packwhen you have no idea when you are coming home?

I wished I shared your confidence in the likelyhood of the J having that special capability by the end of the year. Trouble is, ask a J mate if he is training below 2000 feet and you will be met by a stony silence and a perceptible glazing of the eye. I suggest it will be an awful long time before the J can do what it was originally supposed to do and we wont mention at what cost.

Oh well back to camping, swatting mozzies and doing a job properly.......How do you cross the Atlantic?