PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 1st Jul 2010, 20:11
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Posted by Ava Hannah
What makes you convinced that all non-striking crew want the best for the company and have pride in what they do? Despite that I have been on strike, I believe my performance at work is good and I do take great pride in my career. There are different sides of the issue
Ava Hannah,
You do talk a load of rubbish!
Every crew member that I worked with on every strike day was committed, wanted to delight our customers and gave simply the best service on board. It was like doing a VIP flight for me bearing in mind that all our customers are VIPs! The atmosphere on board was brilliant compared to the tension felt on some of the flights with strikers at the moment.
Some of the strikers I've worked with are professional, but the attitude and commitment is definitely lacking in a small minority who think BA and the whole world owe them a living. They continue to intimidate those who came to work.
I've been with BA for over 26 years, yet I recognise and accept the need for change and want the best for a company that I can still say I'm proud to work for.
Before you say it, if and I mean a big if I had no choice but to go to Mixed Fleet, I would accept it. The CSM role on Mixed Fleet is interesting and challenging, something I would be up for instead of stacking shelves in Sainsbury's. I also happen to have two recognised qualifications which mean it wouldn't be difficult for me to find employment elsewhere.
However, I love my job and am committed to what I do in BA so I would stick around for as long as BA would have me.

Last edited by Tiramisu; 1st Jul 2010 at 20:22.