PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 19:32
whitelighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, so I will have a go at answering this.

A) Quite likely. If you go down the Area stream then you will almost certainly be based at Swanwick near Southampton. If you go Aero, then you might still get Swanwick with an approach rating, or London Airports. You may get the provinces but the demand right now is in the London sites.

B) This is subjective, as it depends on where your coming from. If you are at 6th form or college then the prospect of £36k after validation and £50k after three years is going to sound like winning the lottery. If (like me) you have left a career paying £75k plus per year, perhaps a bit less awesome. Its all about perspective

C) Dunno, cant help there as I havent started that bit yet

D) The units I have been to seem to be pretty much whatever you are comfortable in. Swanwick was flip flops and shorts, Heathrow a bit more smart but certainly not suits etc

E) They are your prospective employers - go in what you think is approproiat. I went for smart shoes, pressed chinos and a tailored shirt...

F) My own opinion here, but I think a career in ATC is one of the best you can have. People are impressed (if that bothers you), and I think its up there with some of the toughest and certainly one I have been aiming for for at least 5 years