PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The next pilot strong pilot hiring cycle - independent study?
Old 1st Jul 2010, 18:10
MagicTiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"G SXTY" - I have read few of your posts in the past, and I do agree with much of what you say.

I do think you misunderstand a little of the "irony" in my post! (I am not the one looking out for number 1 - how can I be? I don't even have an airline job!!)

I do not step over my friends, and I do not have a problem to give tips where I hear someone might be hiring to friends of mine. I am not in position myself to have a chance for a hiring with any of these companies at the moment anyway.

By helping others today, maybe in the future someone will help me! I can not rely on this, because life has thought me that not all people help others.
When I was doing my PPL, I heard of a few small jobs around, and I told my instructor about this, so he could apply. He did not get a job, but is that being selfish?
I doubt I would find many who would do the same back to me.

I am greatfull for the advice given by you and others on these forums, I don't wish to sound arrogant, because that is not my nature. If someone invests a "small fortune" in this career - I will hope that I would be preferred ahead of someone else, however thinking this way, how can that be wrong? Saying what we think on a forum, makes it seem wrong!

Competition is hard, and I hope everyone makes it, unfortunately some of us will not make it! I have made many friends after I started this journey, and I have to say most of them are great, and if I know of any chance of a job I would tell them - however the people I do not know or have any relation with, what do you expect my attitude to be?
The P2F guys - are selfish - or their parents have made them selfish! And help destroy the industry as we have known it in the past.

I have seen and met plenty with more money than sense, and ready to burn whatever money it takes to get them into that RHS. For me and others this can seem very demotivating, because it puts the pressure on "us" that after we have spent a small fortune on the CPL/ME/IR/MCC/JOC - there is no jobs unless you can spend another small fortune on TR/Line training!

I feel that pilots who have been in steady work over several years, and who I also known have struggled to reach this point of their career, still they have also allowed this P2F happen, as many on this forums have said, the P2F pilots are as capable as any others to be FO's - still I have heard many Captains resent the thought of sitting next to a 250 Low Hour FO, it is not very attractive - however these pilots seem to have NO VOICE in their airlines operations and recruitment! At least we have not heard their voice!

Maybe some of these experienced Captains have forgot what the dream was about, maybe they have lost touch with the struggles they had themselves to get their first job. So who is selfish now? I am not the one who has been looking after myself! I do not have a job, and my chances are according to these forums as remote as being able to manage time travel within the next 100 years!

So many are so angry with the P2F - who is angry? Is it only wannabes? Or do we have some REAL PILOTS, with REAL EXPERIENCE and good jobs, that will stand up for their own profession? For me it seems not to be so, it seems to be no interest to change the root of this problem, because of course they would put their own jobs on the line by refusing this concept, the airlines have won, they have all the power - because people are to afraid of loosing their jobs if they said NO to P2F!

I do understand them, but it is the sad truth of P2F and the future of aviation!