PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Atlas transition from FE to FO
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2010, 16:21
zerozero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, there seem to be a few of you that are working currently in Atlas and have a grip on the pulse of whats going on, so if you dont mind I have a couple of questions. Im currently in the Middle East and applied to Atlas about 2 weeks ago, I have done as much of my homework as I can about the life style and QOL and fits right into what I want in long term Airline.

What I would like to know is how long is it usually between sending your resume and hearing something (if anything) back? Is there anything that sets you apart in the stacks of applicants? Is there a number floating around as to how many more FO positions they are looking to fill?

Thanks for the help!
As you know, the job market is really competitive right now.

My following comments are based upon comments made by our VP of Flight Ops at a fairly recent (few months ago) crew meeting.

In light of the Buffalo Colgan Air crash, he really doesn't want to expose his dept to any potential training problems. Therefore the "bar is set high" (his words).

Previous heavy international experience with an internal recommendation and previous military service will probably set you apart.

The VP said he's looking to hire a 60/40 mix of military/civilian pilots.

The previous heavy jet time and letter of recommendation seem to weigh more than the military experience, from what I can see.

I have no idea how long to wait for a response.

The chief pilot advises to keep updating your application on a regular basis--"be persistent, but not a PITA."

Good luck.